Thursday 2 July 2015

Welcome To New York

 













You know that one place where you feel like you just belong? Whether it's your bed, your grandparent's house or the other side of the world, it's the one place you feel content. For me, that place is New York City. 

People always ask me why I love the city so much and I don't have just one answer for them, it's everything. I love how you're surrounded by millions of people all living their lives, I love looking up at the sky and seeing buildings for miles, I love the hustle and bustle, I love how it's impossible to be bored. I have a perpetual restlessness that only the most restless city on earth can cure. New York City is home, it just sucks that I actually live 3421 miles away.

I'll be filming a video on my experience there this year, but for those who are wondering, I stayed at Row NYC, which just a stone's throw away from Times Square. The hotel was incredible and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a hotel right in the midst of the action. The best meal we had was at The Tavern On The Green in Central Park, Ellen's Stardust Diner is an absolute must for breakfast and any musical theatre fan, Hedwig and The Angry Inch is amazing/magnificent/wonderful/every synonym ever, and if there's one thing you have to do in NYC, it's stand in Times Square at midnight and just absorb the atmosphere. I did it almost every night and it never got any less breathtaking.

Writing this blog post is making me so sad, looking at the photos is making me even sadder, and watching back the videos is almost unbearable. The overemotional person I seemed to have turned into recently can't watch the video clips without shedding a few nostalgic tears, so editing my footage into a little video is hard work. Nevertheless, I hope you've enjoyed this photo blog post - do you like more photo heavy posts or should I stick to the words? Also, I apologise for the number of skyline photos but to me there's nothing on earth that's more beautiful than the Manhattan skyline.

Love, 
Georgia 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment