Tuesday 30 June 2015

The American Beauty Products You HAVE To Buy




I may have mentioned once or twice or a thousand times that I went to New York. I may have also mentioned that I bought a lot of makeup whilst I was there. There's always an added thrill when I visit the US because of all of the makeup I can't get my hands on over here, as well as the place I truly believe to be my paradise; Sephora. Here I've compiled a list of what products I believe everyone should pick up over in the USA.

Allure
If something is truly missing in the UK publishing market, it's a beauty magazine. The beauty pages at the end of Look just won't suffice for me, I need a big, meaty publication, stuffed to the brim with makeup and beauty. For you lucky things over in America, however, you have Allure. You can get it in the UK but you're paying a hell of a lot of money and spending a hell of a lot of time searching it down. Whenever I go across the pond, this is always something I pick up before I've even left the airport!

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
Okay okay so yes I've heard that MUFE are (finally) making their way over to us, but it's probably going to be seriously expensive so let me have this one. I first picked this foundation up when I visited New York last year, and it was what I made a beeline for in Sephora when I visited this year. It creates the most flawless, natural looking base, with no cakey-ness or separating, and as it's formulated specifically for use in studios, it's perfect for my filming days. Let's just hope the rumours of it being reformulated are unfounded.

Milani Baked Blush 'Luminoso'
Ingrid (aka MissGlamorazzi) raved about this on her channel for the longest time, and therefore by the rules of physics, I simply HAD to own it. So I did. And it's been a staple in my collection ever since. 'Luminous' adds a beautifully sheer pop of coral to the cheeks, making you look glowy and radiant like never before. It's definitley my 'I don't have much time to make myself look amazing' blush.

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colour
A new American discovery for me, but that by no means means I love them any less. After hearing the Mega Last Lip Colours raved about by pretty much everyone, I had to test them out for myself and picked up the shades 'Wine Room' and 'Spiked With Rum' in CVS. I was curious to see if they matched the $2.99 price tag and... they don't! The quality of these are similar to some high end lipsticks, if not the same. Soft and buttery, super long lasting, no colour bleeding, AND highly pigmented? We have a winner. 

Sephora Lip Cream 'Strawberry Kissed'
Yet another new purchase, but already to be raved about. The entirety of Youtube is in love with the shade 'Always Red', however me being impatient me, that particular shade was out of stock so I grabbed 'Strawberry Kissed' instead. It's still a red, but with a pink tone running through it making it much more wearable on a daily basis than your classic Marilyn red shade; so glad I picked up this shade, it's an absolute beauty. This baby stays on my lips for hours, stays matte without cracking and flaking, and doesn't feel uncomfortable to wear. 

EOS Lip Balms
And finally we have the cult classic, EOS lip balms. Yes you can pick these up from Topshop, but £7?! You have to be joking. I refuse to buy them in the UK purely on principle - I picked up three in New York from Duane Reade for $3 each! After much umming and ahhing over which flavours (is that the right word?!) to choose, I got Vanilla Mint, Coconut Milk and the medicated Tangerine. I have yet to try any of the new ones out as I'm still working my way through the Honeydew that I picked up last year. Yes that's right last year. I would't say I'm an avid lip balm user, but it comes with me wherever I go and if my lips are feeling dry, out comes the EOS. It keeps them hydrated, comes in a super cute ball-shaped case and tastes incredible. The hype is there for a reason guys.

American makeup seems so much more exciting than UK makeup, but then again I do always like the unobtainable. What's the items you must pick up when you go to the US? Let me know in the comments!

Love,
Georgia
xxx

P.S. Just in case you haven't had enough of my beauty ramblings, have a watch of my American Beauty Haul video that I put up on Youtube. Grab a cuppa, it's a long'un!


No comments:

Post a Comment