Sunday 31 May 2015

The Foundation Mission



My skin has completely changed over the past couple of months. I've gone from super oily to super dry and now it's stuck in some form of combination limbo and it suuuuucks. Finding a foundation that doesn't separate or flake is not an easy feat and foundations which used to be my holy grail now look awful after a few hours wear. I'm officially on a foundation mission. 

A little known fact is most (if not all) high end makeup counters will give out foundation samples for free if you ask, so today after work I went on a mission to see just how many foundation samples I could get my paws on. The answer is a lot.

It's silly to dive in head first and spend £40 on a foundation that you've bought on a whim because you have an inability to say no to sales pitches. I always make sure I get shade matched and take home a little sample pot that I can wear for a few days. I can't tell you how many times I've been colour-matched in store, only to step into natural light and turn into something resembling a wotsit. Not only is shade an issue, but you can only truly tell how good a foundation is when you've worn it for 12 hours straight. And to be honest, more than anything else it's a great way to get your hands on new foundations. Want something special to put on Friday night but don't want to splash out? Sorted. 

The samples I've managed to pick up are:
Urban Decay Naked Skin
YSL Touche Eclat
YSL Fusion Ink
Estee Lauder Double-Wear Light
Lancome Teint Miracle
Chanel Vitalumire
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil Free Photo Edition
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturising Photo Edition

And hopefully in a couple of weeks time I'll be treating myself to a full sized version of one of these!

Any foundation recommendations for combination skin?

Georgia
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Maybe try something like the Laura Mercier hydrating foundation primer? It'll add some hydration, and help your makeup last a bit longer. Or try a tinted moisturiser, unless you need more coverage. Apparently the NARS one is good :) xxx

    ReplyDelete