Wednesday 6 May 2015

Barry M Gelly 'Almond'



One thing to bear in mind with me and nail varnish is that we don't get on. At all. I am yet to find a nail varnish that lasts on me more than 48 hours (and 48 hours is a stretch). I think it's a combination of the oils on my nails, how weak they are and the fact I pick at my nails when I get nervous. So all nail varnish reviews I do on this blog will be purely based on 'oh look how pretty'. And yes I've tried Seche Vite. No, it doesn't make a difference.

With that little disclaimer out of the way, I'm a massive fan of the Barry M Gelly nail varnishes. I love the thick, gel-like finish of them and I almost always get people asking me where I've got my Shellac done. The lazy part of me also loves the fact that no top coat is required. They are definitely on the cheaper end of the spectrum, with each Gelly varnish coming in at just £3.99 in Boots.

New colours are being constantly released into this range, and they always seem to make their way into my basket pretty quickly. If anyone wants to see swatches of all my Gellys then just leave me a comment down below and I'll get straight onto it. This particular shade in 'Almond' took approximately 2 seconds before it was off the shelf and into my possession. I just adore the colour. I'm a big fan of nude colours anyway when it comes to my nails as the chipping is always less obvious, so this was right up my alley. I describe is as a perfect greige with a teeny hint of lilac in there. It's the perfect Winter - Spring transitional shade and it has been surgically attached to my nails for the past month. Talking of surgically attached, I think I need to reapply...

Georgia 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment