Wednesday 22 July 2015

Flowerbomb



I've been an avid user of Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb for about four years now, so this post is by no means a first impression review-type thing. It's more of a 'rave about my holy grail' type. I first begged for this way-too-expensive scent for my birthday about four years ago after I read that Cheryl Cole (now, of course, Fernandez-Versini) used it and anything that Cheryl uses, Georgia needs. Ever since then it's been on a constant repurchase loop, as soon as a bottle runs out, I have another on back up, and my mum knows that it's always fail safe to buy me for my birthday or Christmas. 

Now for the fancy bit, I'm going to list the notes as they appear on the website because I think that's a lot more reliable than me attempting to describe the scent:

Top notes: bergamot, tea, osmanthus
Middle notes: jasmine, african orange flower, freesia, rose, orchid
Base notes: musk, patchouli

Researching the actual notes in this perfume shocked me because, although it's called Flowerbomb, I really did not expect it to include so many floral scents. To me it smells super sweet and sugary, like creme brûlée, but I suppose perfumes work differently on everyone's skin chemistry. When I first spritz this perfume on my wrists in the morning, it's quite a strong, intense scent, but it quickly settles down into this beautiful musky, soft scent which lingers around forever. I can apply it at 8am and still be getting wafts of it around midnight. Sometimes I put a spray in my hair and then whenever I flick my hair throughout the day, I get a waft. If you don't like sweet scents, then this one's definitely not for you but it's been my scent for years and I intend it to stay that way forever and ever and ever. I don't like change.

The Flowerbomb expert that I am, I'm going to recommend the eau du parfum over the eau du toilette. I find the scent to be much more layered in the parfum, and this is when it fades into the gorgeous soft scent that I love so much. The toilette scent, although cheaper, tends to stay fairly overpowering and doesn't linger around as long in my opinion, but like I said, perfumes work differently on everyone's skin chemistry so try it out for yourself before taking the plunge. I'm always bad for going to the perfume department in Debenhams and spritzing the same scents on myself day after day until I cave and buy it. Perfumes are expensive purchases so you need to make sure they work for you.

Georgia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment