Saturday 25 April 2015

L'Oreal Infallible 24h-Matte


Freshly applied foundation (in shade 'Porcelain')
Taken after 10 hours of wear with NO touch ups (in shade 'Rose Beige')

It's no secret that one of my main missions in life is to find the perfect foundation, and as a result I have near enough 30 foundations, both high-end and drugstore, hidden away in my collection. I first heard of L'Oreal Infallible 24h-Matte when Amelia Liana raved about it in her New York vlogs and I just knew it was one I had to try. So egged on by Amelia and the Boots 3 for 2, I purchased the foundation in shades 'Porcelain' and 'Rose Beige' for both my pale and fake tanned days.

This foundation comes in a squeezy tube so you can get the exact amount you need and it's a fairly thick formula, more cream than liquid. Thickly formulated foundations usually make me run a mile because they tend to go patchy on my oily skin, but I gave it a go anyway and oh boy, it was love at first application. I have a lot of hyper pigmentation on my skin so I usually need to apply a lot of concealer over my foundation, but no concealer is required with Infallible 24h-Matte. The tube states that it is high coverage and it doesn't lie - if you're a fan of completely natural looking skin I would steer clear of this one. I also know that the term 'matte' on the tube would put a lot of people off, but as far as matte foundations go, I would say this one is pretty non-matte. It's matte (that doesn't even sound like a word anymore) in terms of it keeps my oil at bay throughout the day, but it doesn't give your skin that completely lifeless appearance that a lot of matte foundations do. I would describe it as a more satin appearance on the skin.

Now to address the 24hr claims. I work a 9-5.30 day Monday-Friday so I am a true test of long wearing foundation. There's nothing worse than looking in the mirror in your lunch break and seeing patchy, faded foundation. The first day I wore this I was absolutely amazed when I had my regular mirror check-up at lunch time and saw my foundation still perfect. Even in trouble areas, like around the sides of my nose (oh god how I hate how my foundation goes on the sides of my nose). It's fair to say I was impressed, and quickly stowed the concealer brush I had at the ready back in my bag. Even more impressive was when I got home at 6pm that night and it was still almost-perfect, just faded on my chin which I do tend to touch a lot.

It's fair to say that I am completely and utterly in love with this foundation, we're considering eloping.

Any other recommendations?

Georgia
xxx


1 comment: