Sunday 12 April 2015

Bedside Table Beauty









I always thought it was normal to have a box of beauty stuff next to your bed, but when a friend came round the other day and started questioning me on 'why are you so freakishly organised that you have a box of beauty things on your bedside table?!', I started questioning myself. When you spend as much time in bed as I do (for no other reason that my own laziness), you soon realise that you waste a lot of precious cosy time getting in and out of bed grabbing beauty bits. Therefore, over the months I have compiled a box filled with everything a lazy beauty lover could need within arms reach. It's an ever-evolving process but I've finally reached a stage where I rarely have to move for my next beauty fix. It's truly wonderful.

So, let's start with the boring stuff: I have my acne medication, Rennie's tablets, paracetamol and Feminax. Boring, yes, but vital. I also have my vitamins, which I would class as very very exciting, but others probably not so much. Selenium and vitamins A, C & E. I swear by vitamin E for helping to keep my skin in check.

Next up I have the Lush's Lemony Flutter cuticle butter (I've only just realised that rhymes). I made a pact with myself to look after my nails more because they really are neglected, Lemony Flutter is a super thick butter that smells incredible, and can be used on any part of the body, not just cuticles. I swear by it for my dry elbows and knuckles (ew gross). Hand cream is also a must, I usually go for The Body Shop Satsuma hand cream but Soap & Glory is what's in the box for the moment. I also usually tend to have a mini body butter/lotion of my choosing in there but it seems to have disappeared.

I don't keep too much skincare in the box because I know if I did I would overload my skin with unnecessary products, but I have to keep my Origins Super Spot Remover in there. I've tried a lot of spot remover products but this is the only one that actually does something, I find it shrinks those pesky under-the-skin mountain spots in record time. I also keep my Bath & Bodyworks hand sanitisers in there for two reasons: a) I'm very conscious about touching my face with bacteria-covered hands, and b) they smell incredible.

Finally, I keep an abundance of lip balms in there. I like to switch my products around depending on what mood I'm in. Excessive? Cocoa butter Vaseline, The Body Shop coconut balm, The Body Shop vanilla lip balm, The Body Shop Aloe Lip Care (for really intensive moisturisation) and The Body Shop watermelon lip balm. You may be able to tell that I am a massive Body Shop lip fan. I also have Lush's Santa scrub for exfoliating my lips once a week.

And that's it. What beauty products do you have to have on your bedside?

Georgia 
xxx


1 comment: