Thursday 9 July 2015

The Mulberry Cara







For the first time in my life, I didn't ask for anything for my birthday this year. So when my parents surprised me by saying they were going to get me the Mulberry Cara, it's safe to say I was very surprised and very happy. Also, very very very lucky.

We popped into Harrods and after much deliberation I settled on the Mini Cara Delevingne Bag in Oxblood Natural Leather. As my style is very minimalist and monochrome, I thought I would be adventurous and go for the oxblood so I could add a pop of colour to my outfits without it being too much. I have to say, I was a bit dubious about my choice at first but I'm so happy I didn't go for the plain black. I've had so many people compliment me on the colour and I'm yet to find an outfit it doesn't go with.

Aside from the fact that the bag was designed by my one and only true love Cara Delevingne, the main reason I lusted after this bag for so long was because it can be worn three ways: on your shoulder, hand-held and as a rucksack, once you've attached the adjustable canvas straps. I have a lot of back/shoulder issues and I've recently found that carrying handbags was getting very painful, so I was in desperate need of a bag which catered to my new hands-free approach. The bag fastens with the signature Mulberry postman's lock, and the two straps have a buckle that closes to stop people getting into your bag whilst it's on your back - Cara, you're a genius and I love you (please love me back).

Whilst designing the bag, Cara added a load of personal touches to really add her personal touch to the bag. There's a 'Made In England' engraving on the bottom, much like the tattoo on her foot, then open the flap and there's a heart shaped patch and a small gold lion rivet, again based off her famous tattoos.

The only con of this bag? I'm just so damn precious over it that I'm afraid to let anyone else touch it, let alone let it touch the floor. The leather is incredibly soft and I've already got a couple of scratches on it, so I now treat it as if it's my baby. I'm hoping this bag is going to last me years, long enough so I can justify my next Mulberry purchase in a decade or so. Or actually now I've said that, I wouldn't mind a Bayswater...

Georgia 
xxx

P.S. Cara, call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment