Saturday 18 July 2015

Kiko-ing




Ever since the Kiko store opened in Reading, it's been like my crack. Bad morning at work? Kiko on my lunch break. Good day at work? Let's treat myself to something from Kiko. Feeling sad? Kiko. Any excuse? Kiko. Kiko. Kiko. Kiko. Crack. (You know when you say something so much it doesn't sound like a word anymore?). The other day I 'quickly popped' into Kiko to 'browse' and 'accidentally' left with a few bits which I could only justify by saying I was going to write a blog post on them. So, blog post, here we go. 

I've been mulling over buying a couple of the Kiko Cream Crush Lasting Colour Eyeshadows for a couple of weeks so I finally took the plunge and picked a couple up in the shades 03 and 04 for £6.90 each. Both matte shades, 03 is a beautiful plummy brown, 04 is a dusky taupe and they compliment each other perfectly. The texture is a quite unusual mousse-cream which means they blend like a dream, but you have to work quick because they set fast and believe me, once they've set, these babies aren't going anywhere. I even wore them on a night out last week, and they really live up to their long-lasting name; not a single crease in sight by 1.30am, however that was with my fail safe MAC Paint Pot and Urban Decay Primer Potion priming technique in place.

Me and brown eyeliners are currently having a bit of a moment so I couldn't resist picking up two brown-y eyeliners. First I picked up the Crystal Eyeliner in the shade 03 in the sale for just £3, which is a standard brown with a slight shimmer running through it. It applies with the lightest touch, is crazy pigmented, and similar to the eyeshadows, it sets super fast so you have limited working time. I should also mention that it doesn't budge, even my trusty coconut oil struggled to get it off my lids! I also grabbed one of the Glamorous eye pencils in the shade 401. Yes, I know I already have a gold eyeliner. No, I didn't need another one. Yes, I bought it anyway because so pretty. This one doesn't set as fast as the Crystal liner and doesn't stay put as long, but if you're looking for an affordable gold liner, here is the one. It's a beaut. 

Any Kiko recommendations?

1 comment: