Tuesday 17 March 2015

The Instagram Introduction

Out of all the social media that we have access to, I think Instagram is the format in which you get the truest picture (no pun intended) of someone's life. The things that people stop and take a moment out of their life to capture in a photo must be the things that interest them the most, or the things that they love. 

So naturally I figured the best way to introduce myself to my blog readers is through taking a sneak peek at my Instagram (@georgiamarie_x *hint hint*).




It's no secret that New York City is my favourite place in the world. I visited for the first time last June and the moment I stepped out of that yellow taxi, I fell in love. I couldn't tell you exactly what it is about New York that I love, because it's everything. I love how fast paced it is, but it's also so tranquil. I love how everything you need is at your fingertips, how you can get so lost in the city but you'll never be lost, I love how it feels like I'm walking through a movie set. I cannot wait to live there one day.





My second love in life is musical theatre. I love nothing more than getting lost in a show, or discovering a new sound track and just falling in love with everything about it. I've seen a lot of shows, and my list of shows to see grows by the day, but my two absolute favourites are Wicked (I've seen it 6 times, oops) and If/Then. Special shoutout to If/Then because it's so ignored in the musical theatre world but it has the best soundtrack I've ever heard and Idina Menzel, hello?!




I love living so close to London. It's close enough that I can jump on a train and be in central in half an hour, but far enough away that it's still a treat every time I visit. There's nothing I love more in the Summer than wandering down Embankment soaking up the sunshine.


This is one of my favourite photos on my Instagram. I found this card whilst I was browsing cute little shops in Windsor and snapped a photo. I think the message is obvious; I can't wait to travel the world and see what adventures I can find.



                                                    

Shay Mitchell features on my Instagram like a lot. She is my ultimate crush - that face and that body and that style. Ugh. Love me back.






And finally, I couldn't possibly do an Instagram post without mentioning my favourite, and most Instagram-able, hobby. Watching TV series. (Yes it totally counts as a hobby okay leave me alone). I didn't actually realise how many shows I watched, and how many times I've Instagrammed this style of photo, until just now. The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, The L Word, Orphan Black, Gossip Girl, The Originals, Glee, Orange is the New Black: just to name a few of my favourites. 

I've only got one episode of Orphan Black left until I'm all caught up (sob), so please recommend me some more TV series to watch! Would anyone be interesting in seeing a whole blog post just about my favourite TV shows? 

Georgia 
xxx



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading what you had to say about your instagram pictures, blogposts like this are always interesting! I would love to visit New York someday, it always looks so beautiful in pictures!
    Also just found out that you started blogging and I'm quite excited about it as I love watching your YouTube videos, you seem like such a lovely girl!

    Love, Vanessa x | literallyvany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you found it interesting :D

      Delete