Sunday 22 March 2015

The Spring Lip Adventure

(145 - Impassioned - Vegas Volt - Tease)

It's no secret that I am a fan of a dark lip. I never feel more 'me' than when I'm wearing a purple or a deep wine red, think MAC 'Diva'. On a daily basis I settle for the low maintenance nudes, but dark lips are my jam.

So when I was having a browse through my lipstick collection the other day, I noticed I have a lot of shades which have been practically untouched other than the occasional swatch, where I pick them up, think 'I really should wear this', get scared and gently place them back where they came from. Of course I'm talking about the brights. I've always disliked how they look on me for some reason, but when I posted my Updated MAC Lipstick Collection video last month, I was shocked to see in the comments that everyone was commenting on how good the brighter shades looked on me. Therefore, I have decided to crawl out of my lovely and comfortable dark lip rut into the much less comfortable world of bright lips. This spring you WILL see me rocking these brights.

Let's start with the least intimidating of the lot: Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in 'Tease'. I would describe this as a muted orangey-red shade, and the perfect transition into colour for me. The glossy finish means it's less in-your-face and lower maintenance, but it still has enough pigment to make my lips pop. Plus it smells and tastes like mint, which I love.

For the first of my two MAC offerings, I have 'Impassioned'. This was a colour I swatched and oooohed and aaaahed at every time I passed a MAC counter, but I'm rarely feeling brave enough to wear it. I describe it as highlighter pink. It's just SO fuchsia and SO bright. But I absolutely adore it, so I reckon it's about time it makes it's way to the forefront of my collection. 

And for my second MAC lipstick, I have 'Vegas Volt'. It's definitely the typical spring shade that makes it's way onto the beauty scene at this time of year, and I remember buying it purely so I could have a spring lip colour but I got scared and quickly hid it away. I think the thing that scares me about Vegas Volt so much is that it really is super super pigmented, which many would take as a positive. It's such a beautiful shade of coral (with a hint of neon to it) and whenever I do wear it I get complimented so maybe I should take the hint and pop it on more often.

Finally, we have Barry M '145' (where's the fun name?!). This is definitely the most 'Georgia' shade of the lot but it's also a lot brighter than I'd usually go for. It's a fuchsia pink, but it definitely has a purple tone running through it. Think a pinker version of my all time favourite, MAC 'Rebel'. This is also my favourite finish of the lot, semi-matte, so I know I'll feel comfortable wearing it. In fact, I might even go crazy and wear it to work tomorrow. We'll see.

What lipstick shades terrify you? Let me know in the comments!

Georgia
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment