Sunday 29 March 2015

My Perfect Palette






Back in November I finally filled up my MAC 15 pan palette, and I remember looking at the completed product feeling underwhelmed. Yes all these colours are beautiful, but practical? Hell no. What was I thinking with the iridescent blue and so. much. shimmer?! So I decided I was a girl on a mission and went on a quest to buy myself a travel-friendly, every-day-use 4 pan palette. Probably naughty and it definitely wasn't good on my bank balance, but it was justified. Sort of. 

I spent about an hour at the MAC counter watching every single wearable nude I could get my hands on. I figured I would go for 3 mattes and 1 shimmer, so I could do all sorts of versatile looks with what was going to be the best palette in the world world (of course). So without further ado, the shades I so carefully picked out:

All That Glitters: This was the easiest shade to pick because I already knew I wanted it before I'd even reached the counter, it's raved about in the beauty community. I was after a shimmer that wasn't too in your face, I wanted a nude colour that was wearable. All That Glitters was an all-in-one! It's a champagne colour with peachy undertones, and don't let the name fool you, it has no chunks of glitters in it at all. It just adds a gorgeous iridescent sheen to your lids.

Malt: I never realised how many matte nudes MAC carries until I had to pick out this shade. There's not much to say about this shade; I wanted a nude base colour for my eyeshadow looks and this is the one that jumped out at me. It's a very light pink toned beige, perfect for just sweeping over the lids for a minimal makeup look, or for using as a base colour for more elaborate looks (not that I do elaborate looks, but it's the thought that counts, right?)

Blackberry: I wasn't intending on adding a non-neutral to this palette but I swatched this and fell in love. I would describe it as a muted purple, it adds something different to your look without being an in-your-face 'oh my god so much colour' sort of shade. You get me? Blackberry is also one of the most buildable MAC shades I have ever used. It can go from a sheer wash of colour to totally solid in 3 layers but never patchy. That's the dream!

Embark: Can't do a MAC palette without a matte dark brown, right? There's SO many to choose from, but after much deliberation and advice sought from the MAC makeup artists, I settled on Embark. I chose this shade because of the pigmentation - the picture above? One quick swatch. I love to stick a dark matte shade on the outer 'V' of my eye and blend blend blend, and Embark is simply the best for that. Another reason I chose this is because it's purple undertoned, which looks so beautiful in conjunction with Blackberry. I have grey eyes and purple seems to compliment them wonderfully.

What shades would be in your palette?

Georgia 
xxx

1 comment: