Wednesday 30 December 2015

Anastasia Cream Contour Kit



No long ass introduction required for this one; I got the Anastasia Cream Contour Kit from CultBeauty and it is beautiful.

I already own the powder version of this palette and I love it, it's perfect for the every day subtle contour look. However, it's no secret that I love drag and drag makeup. My queens give me life and a yearning for some serious contour looks that powders just can't quite provide. Thus enters the Cream Contour Kit. 

Being the ghostly pale girl that I am, I decided to go for the 'fair' kit; it comes in fair, light, medium and dark. (Can I just say I am loving the inclusion of a palette for us fair people out there, reppin' the Casper look.) The fair palette gives me two matte highlight shades, 1 shimmery highlight and 3 cool contour shades. As far as I can tell, the fair palette is the only one of the 4 to include a shimmery highlight and the other two highlight shades are as pale as you can get without being full-on white. It's a dream. The first of the contour shades is gorgeously grey-toned, giving an un-clockable contour. The other two contours are definitely more on the brown side, but super blendable. I like to use the darkest shade right next to my hair line to really define those shadows. Something to note is these do not look orange at all. Nobody wants an orange contour. 

The creams in this are so highly pigmented that I've taken to wearing this without foundation. The highlight shades are close enough to my own skin tone anyway that if I blend enough with my trusty Real Techniques sponge, I can create a flawless and foundation-less finish. Although the creams are very thick, they do sheer out a lot when blended, especially with a damp sponge. The finish isn't overly tacky or slippy and I like to set with a loose powder all over the face before spritzing with my Urban Decay Setting Spray for a totally budge-proof finish. 

Eager as always to try out all the new makeupz, I wore this for a casual trip down the pub with my friends and lost track of the amount of compliments I received. 'Has your face lost weight?' was my personal favourite of the evening. I tend to measure a good product by the amount of compliments I receive so Anastasia, you've done it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment