Friday 13 March 2015

YSL Babydoll Kiss & Blush



I figured I would kick off this blogging thing with a good old fashioned makeup review, and what better to start with than my new favourite lip product ever (well maybe sort of favourite ever ...top lip products post anyone?). The YSL Babydoll Kiss & Blush was one of those products that I would pick up every time I walked past a YSL counter. I would oooh and aaah at the pretty packaging, the beautifully velvet formula and the perfectly shaped doe-foot applicator, then remember the price, put it down and walk away. Until one day I had a House of Fraser voucher and finally took the plunge.

It really didn't take me long to decide on a shade; I was immediately drawn to shade 10 'Nude Insolent', a beautiful rosy shade with a brown undertone. So very me. There are 13 different shades so  I'm sure there's a shade in the range for everyone. The 'unique selling point' of this product is that it is formulated for lip AND cheek use, so I made sure I chose a shade that would be suitable for both.

Now, I'm not the biggest fan of this on my cheeks but I don't think I'm the best judge for this - cream cheek products just aren't my thing as I find them difficult to blend on my acne-ridden skin. Also, I'm not entirely sure I want my cheek and lip colour to match. On my lips, however, this is a dream. It's a beautiful velvet texture which makes it super easy to apply, it feels comfortable and weightless on the lips and as it fades it doesn't do that weird lip product thing where it bunches up in the corners of my lips. That can't just be me it happens to, right? The finish of this is not quite matte, definitely not glossy, I would say it's definitely a satin finish.

The only negative I can think of for the Kiss & Blush is that it does fade - it's definitely not the most long wearing of products but as this is such a natural shade it doesn't bother too much. I just reapply every few hours by quickly swiping the applicator over my lips and then tapping it in with my fingers for the most natural finish. Quick, easy and no mirror required.

If you feel like treating yourself and have the budget (Kiss & Blush retails for £27), I would highly recommend this product. Plus, it's up there with my holy grail Tom Ford lipstick in terms of how pretty the packaging is.

Any other luxury lip products I definitely need in my life? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful shade! I am your first bloglovin' follower! I love your youtube channel so I was thrilled when you said you were going to start blogging again! I would love it if you could check out my blog too! xx

    emilyfayeslittleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY my first follower, so exciting! Thank you my lovely, I'll check your blog out :)

      Delete