Monday 24 August 2015

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate


The Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Serum is something that I lusted after for a long time. Expensive skincare is something that I tend to debate buying for months, years even, before I finally take the plunge because they are always so hit and miss. £40 on a facial serum is a small price to pay if it works, if it doesn't work then it's a complete waste of money.

Let's just start with this: for me personally, this product was the latter. I know plenty of people rave about the Midnight Recovery Concentrate and due to my easily swayed willpower, this is the reason I picked it up. I've been using it on and off for two months now and depending on how hormonal my skin is feeling, it either has absolutely no effect or it makes my acne worse. My skin is awkward to explain: it's definitely not cystic acne, it's just very very textured with a few under-the-skin spots on both cheeks and chin. Could be worse, could be better, I just take what I've got. 

I'm 99% sure the main reason why this product sometimes aggravates my skin so much is due to the high essential oil content. When you have sensitive acne-prone skin, it's always best to stay away from heavily scented products with essential oils. I knew this, and yet the allure of a raved-about skin product was too much. Ah, the beauty blogger life.

The front of the bottle states to 'visibly restore the appearance of skin by morning', so I applied 3-4 drops of the serum to my skin at the end of my skincare routine, just before bed and waited for a miracle. Obviously this miracle never came for me, but I can imagine if you have acne-free skin then it would plump and hydrate your skin. One positive I did notice when I was using this nightly was that my scarring did start to heal, especially on the apples of my cheeks. I'm eager to retry this product when my acne finally clears up (I'm on medication number 5 and next up is Roaccutane if this one doesn't work) because I really feel like it could make a difference to how healthy my skin looks, but for the moment it's going to the back of my stash.

Sorry Kiehls, I love you but this one isn't for me.

Georgia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment