Wednesday 27 May 2015

The Most Loved Lipsticks




I have a ridiculous amount of lipsticks, so it's very rare I actually finish one up before I make the judgement call of 'Six years old? Hmm, this should probably go in the bin'. So when all that's left of a lipstick is a little nub and it's borderline impossible to apply, it clearly means that I really really love it and it's definitely a shade to sing and dance about. Introducing MAC 'Hot Tahiti' and MAC 'Rebel'. I don't like to commit to a 'favourite lipstick ever' but if I had to choose...

I remember Rebel becoming a massive cult beauty blogger favourite in Autumn a couple of years ago, and I actually picked it up after I saw BeautyCrush wear it in a video. It firmly became a favourite of mine and it was actually my every day lipstick for about six months until I got lazy with my lipstick maintenance. I think the most perfect word to describe this shade is 'raspberry'. A lot of people describe it as a standard berry colour but there's a very pink undertone which makes it stand out from the very busy berry crowd. You can layer Rebel for a intense look, or simply pat it on with your finger for a berry stain. It's so versatile, and as you can tell by how little is left, I love it.

Hot Tahiti is one of those MAC shades that no one talks about but everyone should. It's a sheer brick red that's perfect for everyday wear; it takes two seconds to put on and makes it look like I've actually put some effort into my appearance. Score. As it's a glaze finish, I don't find it lasts too long on the lips, but it's one of those shades that I can just throw into my handbag and reapply mirrorless throughout the day with minimal effort. Thinking about it, that might explain why I've used it up so quickly! Totally worth it.

Now all I have to do is resist repurchasing them both until I get to New York because I can totally justify $16 on them. £15, not so much.

Georgia
xxx

(p.s. I got a new camera and LOOK HOW SHARP THE PHOTOS ARE *heart eyes*)

1 comment:

  1. i love hot tahiti :) picked it up after hearing you talk about and it's so beautiful! rebel and faux are the next two i want to pick up xx

    ReplyDelete