Thursday 14 May 2015

April Favourites | 2015





I am aware that it is currently the 14th May and therefore a tad late to be posting my April favourites, but I've been sick *insert Mean Girls reference here*, so I'm posting it now instead. I didn't have enough products to mention in a video, so I figured it was the perfect excuse for a blog post.

I've always been a fan of chunky statement necklaces, but recently I've fallen in love with more dainty gold necklaces. They're perfect for layering or just wearing on their own and as I wear a lot of dark colours, I have yet to find an outfit that a simple gold necklace doesn't go with. The longer necklace pictured above is from Primark (it came in a set of 3 for only £2!!!) and the coin necklace was from Topshop for £6.

Moving on to makeup, I've already done a blog post on the L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte foundation, so I'm not going to go on about it too much but all you need to know is it stays in place forever, has the perfect amount of coverage and blends like a dream. Another face product is the MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in 'Soft & Gentle'; I first used this product about 3 years ago and loved it, but when it ran out I dipped my toe into a few other highlighters. It wasn't until I had a makeover done at MAC a couple of months ago and the woman used it on me did I remember how much I loved it, so I bought it on the spot and we've been inseparable ever since. Rather than an obvious she's-wearing-highlighter look, it just creates the most gorgeous lit-from-within glow.

Since I've started my new job and I need to be out of the house by 8.25am, pencil liners have become my new best friend for a quick and easy makeup look. Due to my oily skin, finding a pencil liner that doesn't smudge and transfer is a challenge but the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Liners are the best. I have two shades in 'Perversion', which is a solid black, and 'Loaded', a green-teal. I find Perversion to be a little harsh for every day wear, so Loaded is my go to. I simply draw it onto my upper lash line, smudge it out and voila! 

And talking of go quick morning makeup, Benefit Gimme Brow is another staple. I don't have time to fill in my brows as I much prefer sleep to looking like an alive human being, so a quick swipe of this and my normally wild brows are polished and I know they will stay in place for the whole day. Also, look how adorable and tiny it is!

Georgia 
xxx

1 comment: