Wednesday 24 June 2015

ALL The Travel Toiletries





So this post was intended to go up a week ago but life happened, I realised how much I had to do before I jetted off to NYC and instead I'm writing this whilst incredibly jet-lagged at 4.30am after landing back home 17 hours ago. My New York post will be going up soon, just as soon as I can bear to look at the photos without crying (New York blues is a very serious condition).

I bought this toiletries case from Primark for £3 last month. If you're in the UK, there's no better place to get your travel cases. It rolls up and fastens with velcro, it has a hook so you can hang it in the bathroom of wherever you're staying, and the middle pocket is attached with velcro, so you can detach it if you need to - it would be perfect to store your makeup in, if you're not a crazy toiletry person like myself.

One advantage of writing this post after arriving back home is that I can tell you how good my toiletries packing was, and I'm actually very impressed with myself. I used everything I packed, and the only thing I would change would be to take a full sized bottle of dry shampoo. Do not underestimate how gross the Manhattan humidity makes your hair (32 DEGREE HEAT!!!) or how expensive dry shampoo is in the USA. $9 for a usually £3 bottle of Batiste?! No thanks. My hat came in very handy this past week.

Now let's quickly run through what I took with me. There's the obvious: Lee Stafford Poker Straight shampoo & conditioner, Soap & Glory Clean, Girls shower gel, the aforementioned Mark Hill Dry Shampoo and Dove deodorant. Then there's the skincare: super cute The Body Shop Seaweed Facial Wash and Aloe Calming Toner minis, a mini packet of the Yes To Cucumbers face wipes for the nights I arrived back to the hotel slightly tipsy at 1am, and hidden away in the shea butter tub was actually a LOT of coconut oil. Read here for my feelings on coconut oil. Finally, the top pocket was reserved for the very important bits-and-bobs. Cotton pads, bobby grips, elastic hair bands, razor, toothbrush and painkillers. (Side note: if you suffer from back pain, I highly recommend Anadin Back & Muscle Pain tablets)

I'm so sad to be back home, but keep your eyes peeled for the compulsory Sephora haul and plenty of new product reviews in the coming weeks. If you need me, I'll be in bed reliving New York memories, crying, and counting down to Dubai in September. 80 days...

Georgia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment