Tuesday 27 October 2015

Shade & Light




I went into Sephora to get the Tarte Tartelette palette and I left with the Kat Von D Shade & Light palette; my logic being that as they didn't have Tartelette in stock, I couldn't leave matte palette-less. Duh. I was a little bit disappointed when I left the store Kat Von D-in hand, but let me tell you, it's been one of the best disappointments I've ever experienced!

The Shade & Light Eye palette consists of 12 matte shades, all of which I would describe as very autumnal colours, mostly brown and reds. The thing I love most about this is the base colours being in bigger pans, they base shades are usually always the first to run out and I think Kat (yeah that's right, we're on first name basis) has really listened to the needs of us beauty consumers when designing her makeup range, something so refreshing.

Another unique selling point of this palette - the different shade ranges. The palette features cool-toned shadows all grouped together, the neutral tones together and my personal favourites, the warm toned shadows together so you know which shades are going to match. Being an olive-skinned gal - yes I have got olive skin, I have a medical condition that makes me ghostly pale okay - the warm-toned shades are where it's at. 'Lucius' is a warm reddy-brown which I have been throwing on my lids near enough every day for the past month, and it gets bonus points for it's Harry Potter-esque name. 'Laetus' is also a really unique shade. Peachy eyeshadows are hard to come by and this one is really flattering on the lids! Of course they're my two favourites but I genuinely don't think I have a least favourite shade in the palette, they all get fair usage from me don't you worry. 

All in all, it's a wonderful palette. The shadows are super buttery and blend like a dream, and the majority of them are crazy pigmented. I do however find 'Shax' to be a bit lacking on the pigmentation front, it's very difficult to get a black shadow to please me as they all tend to lean a bit to the grey side. If you're a matte shadow lover then this is the palette for you, and the gothic-style packing is giving me all the feels. I'm just a little vamp at heart.

Georgia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment