Wednesday 9 December 2015

Mini MAC Haul


I've been so restrained with my MAC purchases recently. I hadn't been into MAC for at least a month which is nothing short of a miracle, so I decided to treat myself. With a visit to MAC.

I went in with 2 very specific purchases in mind: 'Cyber' lipstick and 'Vanilla' pigment. Of course they didn't have either in stock so I switched up my game plan and even added two extra products to the basket to console my poor broken Cyber-less heart. And so we have four new products in the MAC family: eyeshadows in 'Coppering' and 'Amber Lights', alongside two lip liners in 'Nightmoth' and 'Soar'. (Yes, I FINALLY GOT A NEW SOAR!!!)

It's well documented that MAC eyeshadows are up there in my favourites, and so to quench my thirst for orange eyes at the moment, 'Coppering' was ideal. A true warm copper, packed with shimmer and super pigmented, this shade looks gorgeous swept over the lids and messily blended across the lower lash line for a 90s grunge-esque look. Even more shimmer can be found in 'Amber Lights' (What? It's Christmas!). It's a gold shade with that coppery undertone and will be perfect for the upcoming Christmas party I have to attend. 

As for the lip liners, I'm not sure I ever told you the tragic tale of 'Soar'. A real-life Romeo and Juliet. After months of searching, I found a lone liner hidden away in MAC Times Square and we fell in love. We were totally inseparable until I lost it. So, the hunt for Soar started again. When I say I searched everywhere, I mean it. Even the sales assistants in Dubai could smell my desperation. Finally, after three months we are reunited and the pink-mauve beauty hasn't left my lips since. 
'Nightmoth' came along when 'Cyber' wasn't in stock. I asked the sales assistant what the closest shade was and she suggested this, and I have to admit, it's very very close to the shade I wanted. A very dark purple, this seriously packs a punch when I layer it over my lips. Almost black. Not one for the faint hearted, and I love it.

Hopefully that'll stop my MAC itch for the moment, but anyone got any MAC recommendations if I ever maybe might happen to pop in again? Maybe.

Side note: in the 20 hours between taking the above photo and writing this post, I have also bought another lipstick in 'Viva Glam II' and 'Half-Red' liner because clearly I have a problem, but I'll save that post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment